I am an absolute sucker for pasta. I could eat it every single day. Usually my go-to dishes are warm, hearty dishes. But with spring right around the corner, sometimes there is nothing better than a cold pasta salad. This creamy parmesan chicken pasta salad is on regular rotation in our house year round. I am a busy mom, and unfortunately I cannot prep meals from my desk at work. Ridiculous, right?! I love the fact that I can whip up this creamy parmesan pasta dish the night before and not have to worry about cooking the next day. And we may or may not fight over who gets the leftovers. It is great to make a few hours (or even a day!) ahead. Just throw it into the refrigerator after making it and serve up at dinner time!
- one box farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/4 cups unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 large can chicken
- 2-3 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces creamy Parmesan salad dressing (found by the refrigerated dressings)
1. Boil noodles according to package instructions.
2. While noodles boil, combine chicken, seeds, and cheese in a bowl.
3. Drain and rise noodles with cold water.
4. Mix noodles into chicken/cheese/seed mixture.
5. Add creamy Parmesan dressing and mix well.
6. Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours before serving.