Friday Favorites: Valentine’s Weekend

Is anyone else just amazed that Valentine’s Day is only a few days away? I am pretty darn happy about it, because that means we are not only well past January, but also halfway through February. Yes, I wish away our winters. And I’m not one bit sorry about it. The high today is in the low 40’s, which in Minnesota means I am considering going for a run in shorts! I am so excited to soak up some sunshine, grill dinner, and enjoy some weather. We are treating this as a tropical heat wave, you guys!
1. Gray Anchor Apparel
You guys. If you are a lover of graphic tees, look no further than Gray Anchor. Michelle is so different from other online boutiques, in that she allows you to choose your design and print color, and then the shirt you want it on. Your items are totally custom, which is so much fun! Her site is open on select days, this week it is today and tomorrow! Most of the time, you are able to shop Thursday through Sunday. The stuff is just amazing, and I am obsessed.
2. Spring Fashion
Speaking of warmer weather, it has me getting all sorts of exciting to start wearing bright, cheery colors and fashions. I am loving the bright, vibrant color of this tank, and am also so in love with the high neck style that is on trend right now. Perfect for us nursing mamas! 😉 And my favorite top of all time has some gorgeous colors out right now, perfect for spring! I am loving the quail and the pink peacock! I don’t know if anything makes my heart happier than a pair of mint skinnies. And these sunnies are about the most adorable and fun find I have seen. Gimme all the pink things!
3. Holiday Looks
Ever since having kiddos, I live for holidays that I never used to care about. We are not even a touch Irish, but there is something so cute about a little man in a ‘lucky’ shirt! Old Navy is always my go-to for these picks, just look at the Lucky Charms shirt! Those were, and still are, one of my favorite cereals! I also love this classic and simple shirt.
4. Sugar Cookies
Another one of my favorite things to do for all of the holidays is whip up some sugar cookies. As I mentioned yesterday, I announced Jackson’s pregnancy with cutout heart cookies, and since then it has kind of become a thing for me! I always look forward to it, and cannot wait to make some this weekend! My goal is to frost at least half of them before my husband and son steal them!
5. The Walking Dead
This is a favorite by default. The Walking Dead returns from its mid-season break on Sunday! I am still heartbroken and recovering from the premier last fall (sad, I know. But so, so true). Is anyone else as addicted to this show as I am? The return was on Valentine’s Day last year, so Mike and I will likely be continuing our tradition with the most epic ice cream cake of all time:
Yes, my husband surprised me with this cake last year. Yes, this was the message he asked they write on a cake on Valentine’s Day. And yes, it was one of my favorite and strangely romantic gestures the man has done. Be still my zombie loving, ice cream craving heart. Happy weekend, friends!
*affiliate links used

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Cara@HomespunKitchen
    February 10, 2017 at 10:44 am

LOVE that shirt!!! I'm with ya on celebrating all the holidays! My husband thinks I'm nuts, haha! Sadly, I've never watched The Walking Dead…

Emily: Three boys and a girl blog
    February 10, 2017 at 11:51 am

What a cute shirt! I love making cookies for any and all occasion. Sugar are my favorite!! Have a great weekendd!

Life as the Mrs.
    February 10, 2017 at 12:45 pm

That shirt is the cutest! Totally need that. 😉

Brianne
    February 10, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I was just thinking about TWD on my way to work this morning. I haven't watched any of my shows since the mid season break & I was thinking that one started this weekend but I couldn't remember. I'm honestly over it. I'll keep watching it until it ends most likely because I've made it this far, but I miss seasons 1-3. Those were the great seasons.

Chelsea
    February 10, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Love that shirt I am going to have to make one 🙂 Happy Friday http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

Violet
    February 10, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Great post! Happy Friday!

Kristi Griedl
    February 10, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Those cookies look so good! Have fun baking! 🙂

Happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

Carly Blogs Here
    February 10, 2017 at 4:06 pm

I'm definitely with you on wishing away winter, even though this year is going by so quickly I feel like I haven't had time to hate it as much, haha. I love sugar cookies and those look delicious. I've never seen TWD, but love that cake– such a fun gesture for a show you love!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too
    February 10, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Oh my goodness, I need that shirt!!!
    I am so excited about the return of The Walking Dead. Love the ice cream cake! Haha!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    February 10, 2017 at 5:56 pm

That shirt is awesome! I will definitely check her out… I love the fact that you can customize!! Yay!

And I SO wish that I was a WD fan. I just can't get into it and I hate that I can't enjoy it with Brian. He is completely obsessed!

Sparkles and Lattes
    February 10, 2017 at 6:40 pm

We are starting Walking Dead this weekend and I can't wait. I know a few things as I have read stuff over the years, but I am still excited. I love that shirt because it is 100% true. And sugar cookies make my heart patter. Ha. Have a great weekend!

Shooting Stars Mag
    February 10, 2017 at 6:43 pm

That cake from last year is amazing. What a fun gift! I really love holiday themed clothes for kids – doesn't matter what holiday!

-Lauren

A Gal Named Al
    February 11, 2017 at 1:47 am

Thanks for sharing about Gray Anchor- their stuff looks awesome! Love the cake! 🙂

Meg Taylor
    February 13, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Baseball tee + gold lettering is AMAZING!! That looks so comfy! I bought frosted sugar cookies at the grocery store last week – yours look delicious.

Meg, Borrowed Heaven