Friday Favorites: First of February

Happy Friday friends! I don’t know about you, but I am not one bit sad to see January go. I am ready to see the days get longer, enjoy the pink and glitter of Valentine’s Day, and maybe even get a unicorn day in Minnesota where the temps get into the 40s. I have high hopes for February! As always, I am linking up with my favorite ladies for some Friday fun!

1. A little sparkle

Mug (Target Dollar Spot) // Nail Polish
Last week, I saw this ring was marked down to $7, and decided for that price, I couldn’t pass it up. I am really hesitant to try new jewelry, especially rings, but I got it in gold and am OBSESSED. It is so sparkly, and such a dainty addition. And the criss-cross design really make sit stand apart from my other rings that I wear every day. It was such a fun way to change things up a bit!

2. New Markdowns

Nordstrom just marked a bunch of new items on sale this week, and some are things I have been eyeing up for awhile! I ordered this mixed media top the second I saw it in the oatmeal color. This mock neck sweater is very similar to the one I scooped up over Christmas, and just got marked down! How adorable is this moto jacket!? We have a lot of cold days ahead of us still up here (womp womp) and would get a ton of use out of it. This v-neck sweater has been so popular, and the red color was just marked down! And while I wouldn’t be wearing it anytime soon, this draped tank (from Nordstrom Rack) is absolutely gorgeous, and would look amazing paired with some white jeans come spring!

3. Reading

We are just touching the tip of the iceberg with potty training, but decided to approach it first by getting some books on potty training. We picked up ‘Duck Goes Potty’ and Jackson LOVES it. He has been waking up first thing in the morning asking to read it. And, for the first time, I have found him sitting down with the book, having memorized the words on each page and reading it to himself. Be still my mommy heart. He is growing up so fast, and while I wish I could freeze him in time, watching him learn is truly one of the greatest joys I have ever experienced.

4. Smoking

No. Not cigarettes 😉 We received a smoker from Mike’s parents for Christmas, and are using it for the first time on Sunday to make some pork barbacoa for the Super Bowl! We are kind of homebodies, especially after living out of town in a very small house followed by a year of not having our own space. But, we really want to make our house a place that people are welcome, and are so excited to have both of our families over on Sunday to enjoy some food, watch the game, and crack a beer or two. I am just so excited to start making memories in our home!
5. Brothers
We had a pretty easy time adjusting Jackson to a baby brother, but he really was indifferent to Lincoln for the longest time. Lately though, every day it seems my sweet boys are loving each other a little more. Jackson has been caught giving Lincoln toys, sneaking him bites of his snacks, and oh when they giggle together. Cue all of the sappy emotions. They are really starting to act like brothers, and it just might be one of my favorite things I have ever witnessed. Those two are always my favorite!

I hope you all have a great weekend. Who is watching the Super Bowl?! I basically watch it for the puppy and Budweiser commercials! That one still makes me cry 😉

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Cara@HomespunKitchen
    February 3, 2017 at 11:19 am

You will LOVE your smoker! The possibilities are endless! Have a great weekend!

BLovedBoston
    February 3, 2017 at 11:44 am

I love that ring & your pretty pink nail polish in time for valentine's day!! Happy weekend girl! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Emily: Three boys and a girl blog
    February 3, 2017 at 12:11 pm

That ring is so cute!! Love that he's so interested in the potty book. Yay!! And oh my gosh brothers just get better. Mine are starting to play with each other and truly miss each other when they aren't around. Boys are the best! Have a great weekend!

Amy Coose
    February 3, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Love your nail polish, and enjoy your smoker! Good luck with potty training!

Life as the Mrs.
    February 3, 2017 at 12:34 pm

That ring is precious! I might need to scoop that up. 😉 And we got the basic "Potty" book by Leslie Patricelli and Walker can quote it verbatim. It's so easy and simple; check that out for Jackson. Yay for potty training! #momlife

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate
    February 3, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Happy Friday! Hooray for sparkle and sales! I bought my husband a smoker for his birthday last summer and I continuously say it was the best investment EVER! So much yumminess has come from that thing! Enjoy your smoked goodness and have the best time with family this Super Bowl Sunday! xo – Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

Kristi Griedl
    February 3, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Love that ring!! We've been wanting to get a smoker (my husband really!) and I'm interested to see how y'all like it 🙂 Enjoy the time with your families this weekend!

happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

Brianne
    February 3, 2017 at 1:46 pm

My dad got a smoker a few years ago & he loves it! Anytime I go back to MN from TX he'll whip something up with it. Love me so barbacoa. It's probably my favorite. That ring is so pretty. I'm not normally into rings but that's gorgeous!

Heather Hawkins
    February 3, 2017 at 2:51 pm

I love that pink nail polish! Happy Friday 🙂

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    February 3, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Ok, so I totally just ordered that ring!! I love it so much and I've had it on my wishlist for months, so I couldn't resist when I saw that it was marked down! Thank you for the PSA! ;o)

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily'
    February 3, 2017 at 6:40 pm

The ring is super cute – and I love that nail color!

Shooting Stars Mag
    February 3, 2017 at 6:45 pm

The ring is really cute! I don't like rings, but I can admire then on other people. 🙂 Aw, that's too sweet the boys are really starting to act like brothers.

-Lauren

Sparkles and Lattes
    February 3, 2017 at 6:48 pm

I love that ring and draped tank. I love a good pink nail polish too!

Sarah
    February 3, 2017 at 8:23 pm

What?! It's supposed to get in the 40s this weekend?! I just had to re-read that! Yes– I'd love 40's right now in MN! Have a great weekend!

Sarah Bell
    February 3, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Such a pretty ring!!! Loving that mug too! Happy Friday :).

Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

Jess
    February 4, 2017 at 3:52 am

Love that ring and nail polish combo! I have a similar ring that I totally forgot about! (Maybe I should wear it more? ha!)

Melissa Fitch
    February 4, 2017 at 11:57 pm

Love your Nordstrom picks! May have to snag the mixed media top. Enjoy the smoker tomorrow! I'm sure it will be delicious!