What’s Hap-pinning, New House Style

Happy Wednesday everybody! It is always such a great feeling to know we are halfway through the work week, am I right? There is nothing better than knowing we are on the downhill to the weekend. Lately, my thoughts have been consumed with all things baby and all things new house. For anyone who looks at my Pinterest page, it is clearly all about the house lately. We have finalized our floor plans, and are now in the antsy stage of waiting to see if everything is going to work out as planned. I am mentally prepared for speed bumps, because that is how life works. But we are also at the exciting point where it is not unrealistic to start plotting paint colors, themes, and overall decor!

How dreamy is this shower!? We will most likely be having a walk-in shower separate from the tub in our master bathroom, and even though this is a bit fancy for my style (and budget), a girl can dream. The biggest issue would likely be that I may never emerge from the bathroom..

I am loving the colors of this kitchen. I am fairly certain we will not be doing any white in our kitchen. As much as I love the crisp, clean look, the thought of trying to keep it clean makes me shudder. While I don’t mind traditional oak, I do like something a bit different, and I think this gray/brown color is a great alternative that also allows you to mix and match with just about anything!
I am pretty sad I won’t have a new nursery to bring baby home to in May, but I am also super excited about planning one for the new house. I mean, we have control of everything down to the trim, and will have people doing all of the work for us, which is much easier than redoing Jackson’s room over in our old house! I am planning to go with gray, navy, and accents of mint/aqua. My favorite theme is no theme, and I can’t wait to see how my color vision comes to life!
I am really leaning towards wanting a farmhouse sink in our kitchen. I always HATE trying to do dishes in divided sinks, where there is barely room to fit in a pot or pan. Look at the size of that beautiful sink!? It makes me almost want to do the dishes!
More kitchen things (surprise, surprise). The kitchen has definitely been my biggest focus lately! My mom has sliding drawers in her pot and pan cabinet, and it is amazing how easy it is to keep it organized, and to pull things out without making a ton of noise! Major convenience factor, and as someone who often struggles to stay neat and organized, I think this will be so helpful!
I can’t wait to see what everyone else is up to today! Linking up with HollyJenn, and Jessi!

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Linsley Schneider
    January 13, 2016 at 12:41 pm

I love all of this! You have great style!

Christina Straub
    January 13, 2016 at 12:43 pm

What such great home inspiration! That shower would be a dream!!

Christina :: Simple and Delish

Kelsie Kleinmeyer
    January 13, 2016 at 1:59 pm

These are so beautiful! Love these ideas- that shower is so dreamy for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Jessi @ Jessi's Design
    January 13, 2016 at 2:46 pm

L-o-v-e all of these inspiration pics!

P!nky
    January 13, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Love all your inspiration pictures, so pretty!

emily @ a little bit of emily
    January 13, 2016 at 8:25 pm

The color of those cabinets is gorgeous! Such a pretty color. And I am obsessed with farm sinks. I definitely hope to have one in my future!

Sarah Shaneyfelt
    January 13, 2016 at 11:39 pm

I put a large sink in our kitchen and it's the best thing I've ever done! I don't see how people survive with divided sinks now that I've got a large one. You will not regret it!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Jenn
    January 14, 2016 at 12:55 am

GORGEOUS! obsessed with farmhouse sinks. Seriously want to redo my kitchen (which needs it anyways) just for a farmhouse sink!

Jacqueline
    May 11, 2016 at 4:01 am

That kitchen is fantastic. I am obsessed with the sink. I feel like for so long, consumers were stuck with these industrial looking kitchen sinks that did not match anything so unless you had an industrial looking kitchen, your sink always looked bad. I did at one point have more industrial type appliances but I am so glad for options.

Jacqueline @ Buyer's Option Realty Services

Margaret
    June 3, 2016 at 10:03 am

I'd be very happy to be "stuck" in the kitchen all day if my kitchen looked like this one. I love the hanging light fixtures over the island. I also love the dark wood cabinetry. To me, white kitchens all look alike. I prefer the richness and elegance the dark wood brings to this casual but elegant kitchen.

Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate