Mixing things up for Friday Favorites in honor of the ‘Blogtember Challenge’, I am bringing you the five things I am most passionate about today!
Really, I am passionate about a lot of things. Once I set my mind to a specific task, more often than not it is all I can focus on until it is completed. Of course, I am passionate about my family, my faith, the line of work I am in, and all of those ‘givens’. I am more excited today, though, to share those passions that most people may not know about me.
1. I love creative projects. I wouldn’t necessarily call myself ‘crafty’ where I make quilts, paper mâché, or wood work projects. I do, however, love to create things that I know no one else has. When you custom create decor, coffee mugs, or a hat for your little one, there is a neat feeling in knowing only you have it.
2. Coffee. You all know I couldn’t leave this one off of the list! Coffee makes me happy, tastes delicious, and I truly believe gives you a good reason to wake up in the morning when you just don’t really want to! Hot, iced, black, with cream, latte, mocha, I love it all.
3. Music. This one has gotten away from me a bit over the last few years because life happens. But there is nothing more therapeutic to me than sitting down at the piano and putting out a few of my favorite songs. There is something about having total control of how a song is going to go. Soft, loud, fast, slow? I just love it.
4. Running is what keeps me sane. I am not a daily runner, but I do try to make it happen 2-3 times a week. I used to do it much more before baby, but as I have said, life happens. A treadmill is high on the list for a new house whenever that time comes, and I intend to use that thing until it breaks down.
5. Making a difference. Really, this does tie into my job. There are so many jobs out there, but I just can’t picture myself ever doing a job where my sole purpose is to make a profit off of others. Bummer, because that seems to be where the most money lies 😉 still, at the end of the day if I know what I am doing is improving things for others somehow, then I can go to bed happy.
What about everyone else? What are YOU passionate about??