Have you ever realized how every person has their ‘thing’. Or their list of things. A hobby that they love, a trait that everyone notices, a certain product they have to have? We all have our ‘things’, and I thought it would be fun to share the things that make me, well, me. It is a fun way to share a little but about the way I am and how and why I do things the way I do them. I figured I would start off with something pretty basic so here we go:
About Me: BakingPosted on February 12, 2015
I would bake all day, every day, if I could. I can cook as well, but I wouldn’t deem myself a chef. If the recipe calls for sugar, sweet, and lots of calories, I am all about it, though. I have decided that baking is kind of my thing. I love finding new recipes, using new ingredients, and experimenting with new flavors. Of course, I am all about the basics too. Brownies? Yes please. Every weekend is a little bit happier with a pan of brownies waiting in the kitchen. Or Special K bars. Ridiculously easy to make, and ridiculously good to eat. Sometimes you can’t go wrong with the tried and true favorites.
I also absolutely love baking new things. I love showing up to holidays or parties with a new recipe I am trying out and hearing what everyone thinks. I have had my flop recipes that I would never make again, and I have found some keepers for life, too. I love love love food, but nothing is better than dessert. And yes, replacing your dinner with dessert is totally acceptable.
A few favorite recipes that have been total successes for me:
1. Caramel apple pie. According to Mike this is the best dessert I have ever made. A mans taste buds don’t lie.
2. Banana bread brownies. I DARE you not to eat the entire saucepan of frosting.
3. Chocolate cherry shortbread cookies. I have added these to my holiday baking each December, because they are red. And delicious.
4. Sugar cookies.. Ok this is a basic recipe, but after a few that provided me with burnt, average cookies that stuck to the pan, I can tell you these roll out and bake up AMAZING.
5. Caramel chocolate trifle. My new favorite thing is putting a bunch of delicious ingredients on display in a pretty glass bowl. These recipes are easy and fun to look at!
6. Black and white cookies. Another newer recipe I have tried out. These are a fun alternative to more traditional cookies, and totally delicious.
I hope to share new recipes as I find them like I had once intended, because it is always great to hear from a person who has actually tried the Pinterest recipe to know if it is worth the time or not! I love baking, and am happy to be the taste tester on all of those fabulous recipes Pinterest teases us with!