I like to shop. I like to dress nice. I like discovering fashion ‘finds’. It is pretty clear that shopping for a baby girl is easier than for a boy. Pink, frills, and bows. Easy, cute, done. Little boys…not so easy. I am not a fan of the shirts and outfits covered in animals, characters, and witty sayings. Unfortunately, this is about 99% of what you will find when shopping to dress a little mister. I started hunting the day I found out my little J was a little man, and have started to find the best go to places for stylish, quality clothes.
1. Okay, this isn’t baby boy clothing, but I just absolutely love my diaper bag and have to share. Vera Bradley makes such great items, and when I found this bag at an outlet store in Nashville while I was traveling for work at 50% off, I had to have it. It may be covered in flowers, but with the blue, black, and white, it works for a boy or a girl. It has a ton of space, comes with a matching changing pad, and has been great for hauling around all the demands of my high maintenance little man.
2. I. love. these. jeans. Any baby jeans really. Their little booties could not look cuter than when they are rocking a pair of baby jeans. I love that these are lined with a cotton waistband, and also that they can be rolled. I have learned very quickly that babies are not ones size fits all! My little man is filling out, but he isn’t exactly a chunker, but he is plenty long. Adjustable length clothing is where it’s at.
3. I love these waffle knit onesies from Old Navy. I ordered it in red, and they are just so cute, and the little buttons really dress up the fact that your baby is wearing a onesie, yet it is still super comfortable for baby when you are lounging around the house.
4. I have always said that I love when baby boys ‘dress like a grandpa’. This cardigan brings sense to that statement. I put Jackson in this sweater and some baby jeans and just about died. It is also soft and comfortable, and my main man was comfy all afternoon in this, and looked ridiculously stylish.
5. Fall weather kicked in early in Minnesota this year, and with our string of 50 degree days, this jacket has already come in handy. Macys always has crazy good sales and promo codes, so don’t let high pricetags scare you. NEVER should you pay full price at Macys (or anywhere, really). This jacket has a fuzzy lining, is super thick, but can also be pulled off as a sweatshirt. We will be getting lots of use out of this, for sure.
I also want to point out retailmenot.com, which is the best. There is almost always a promo code, discount, special, etc. going on for just about any website you can think of, and they are all housed on this website. There is also an app! I never need to print and cut coupons, I simply enter the store into the app and any current promotions or codes that they have are pulled up. This app has determined whether I make a purchase more than once (what’s that you say, take an additional 30% off, well it’s practically free, I just have to buy it now…)
Overall, I have enjoyed shopping for a baby boy way more than I expected. It is not as easy as little girls, but with a little searching and the goodness of internet searches, I have one well dressed little dude.